Reading Around Writing About - Student Books
Reading Around, Writing About is a series designed to improve literacy in the classroom. The assessment activities are targeted notionally for students aged 6–12 years. There are six books in the series written for the Western Australian school years, Year 1 to Year 7. A particularly strong feature of the series is the close alignment between the reading and the writing exercises. The reading texts have been carefully chosen to provide valuable models for the students’ writing and engaging tasks are used to elicit students’ own writing.
The Student Book
What distinguishes this product from other literacy series is:
- the diversity of stimulating texts that represent the range of text forms students
- are expected to read (imaginative texts, information texts and argument texts);
- the wide variety of questions and the diverse range of skills elicited;
- the close analysis of the skills students demonstrate in their answers; and
- the eye-catching, colourful design.
The Teacher Book
This book contains marking keys, class record sheets and succinct analyses of the students’ reading and writing skills.
The Teacher Book draws on the language of progress maps, standards documents and National testing programs making it easy for teachers to integrate the exercises into their own teaching and monitoring programs. Ten writing tasks are included in each Teacher Book.
|Publisher / Brand||Jangles Publications|